Who doesn’t love a good deal? I love a good bargain, always. Especially when you have a long list of things you want to try from the drugstore (by things I mean makeup and skincare, obviously), so when you shop there (not at Sephora) you can buy a lot more for a lot less. Perusing drugstore makeup aisles still makes me feel like a kid in a candy store. I feel like I always go with nothing in mind and then see myself linger through the beauty aisles and leave there with a couple of new products. Good thing there are self-checkout machines at CVS (meaning no judgement). Hallelujah!
1. Revlon Illuminance Créme Shadow– I’m literally obsessed with these. I especially love the one called Not Just Nudes. I will put a champagne color at the base of the lid, a dark brown shade in the crease and the bottom lid and I’m done. Simple and easy. It’s also great for traveling.
2. Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum—If you have dry skin, this is your foundation, as it gives a fresh, dewy finish while still providing a great coverage. The only downside is the limited range of colors to choose from. I have to mix Vanilla Claire and Beige Claire to get the perfect match.
3. Revlon Photoready Skinlights Face Illuminator— This is a great affordable highlighter to achieve radiant, healthy skin. A dab of this on the bridge of the nose, high planes of the cheekbones, under the eyes, along the forehead will give you a beautiful dewy, glowy skin.
5. Maybelline Color Elixir Lip Color — I love this lip gloss. It glides on easily (thanks to the leaf-shaped applicator), is really comfortable to wear and gives a nice pop of color. My favorite one is Rose Redefined which is a beautiful warm rose pink.
6. Rimmel Stay Matte Powder —Sometimes drugstore powders can make your skin look dry and chalky, but this one leaves a really nice natural matte finish and lasts for hours. Usually I apply this only to the oily parts of the skin and to set the concealer.
7. Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Concealer — I have been using this concealer for months now and I absolutely love it. It’s light and creamy, provides a decent amount of coverage and lasts through the day when set with powder. The only downside is the packaging, it gets a little bit messy when you use it on a daily basis.
8. Maybelline Color Tattoo — I have nothing but love for this amazing product. Bad to the Bronze is my favorite out of the bunch-but I want to buy more colors anyways. It applies easily, blends really well, and stays on all day. Just wow.
9. NYX Butter Gloss —This is my latest favorite discovery. I got one in the shade Vanilla Cream Pie and I love it. It’s got a nice creamy texture, feels great on the lips-glossy without being too sticky-and moisturizing.
What’s your favorite drugstore beauty buy?